Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Q&A with Cristobal Huet

Here is a Q&A between Huet and the Washington Media, during his introduction as a Washington Capital, courtesy of Tarik El-Bashir over at the Washington Post:

Q: "So, is it 'Yoo-ay' or 'Hew-et'?"
A: "'Yoo-ay' is fine. That's easier for you, no?" said Huet, smiling

Q: Were you surprised to learn of the trade?
A: "I played almost 40 games for the Canadiens and we were in a good situation. So I expected to finish there. But obviously they had other plans."

"It's a surprising thing. It's something you have to deal with; this is the NHL and it happens. But I'm happy to be here and I want to help the team in any way I can to get into the playoffs."

Q: Have you spoken with Olie and Brent?
A: "I talked to both [goalies] this morning and they look like great guys. I'm sure we going to work, all three of us, to get the job done."

Q: Do you expect to start on Friday?
A: "I haven't talked to Bruce about it and I'm still waiting for my gear to get here."

Q: Before you came here, what were your thoughts about the Capitals?
A: "When we played them, it was always a hard game. Since they changed the coach, I think they were way better and had a lot of intensity and are a high scoring team. So they were always a dangerous team to face."

Q: Because Olie has been the face of the franchise, what were your thoughts when you found out that you were coming here?
A: "I respect Olie a lot. He's been here a long time and he's done well for the franchise. We're just going to work it out and I'm just going to try to be my best when I'm asked to play."

"It's going to be an exciting couple of months."

No comments: